[aur-general] TU membership application

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 12:54:44 UTC 2019

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation followed by a period of
having little spare time, with regards to work and family.

I did agree to sponsor the TU application of Jean Lucas, provided he found
another sponsor, but was not aware that he had sent his application without
any mentoring on my part.

I am not in favor of how the TU application process turned out, nor the
idea of moving proprietary software packages to [community], but I'll stand
by my word and sponsor him if there is another sponsor.

In general, we need more TUs and Devs and I think we should have a process
that feels less judgemental on the applicants (ref. the application from
Drew DeVault that sadly did not join us as a TU).

If someone dislikes a TU application, it's easy to vote "no" in the vote
that follows.

Best regards,
Alexander F. Rødseth