[aur-general] Followup on comaintainers and maintainers help requests

Sapphira Armageddos shadowkyogre.public at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 03:22:13 UTC 2019

(( the following post is a cross post of the forum post here -
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1861865 ))

Since making the previous post about retiring my AUR account, the following
occurred to me.

* I still like doing AUR work. But it's not something I can reliably
provide like before. So I'm not sure how to handle being able to do it on
the sidelines without making myself seem unavailable on purpose.

* People might not be willing to pick up a package after it's been orphaned
due to not knowing the maintenance problems I've had with some packages in
the past.

* Some packages might not be used enough to know when the sources are
broken, thus needing updating.

* Some packages required maintenance from upstream developers due to no one
else being available to maintain it.

So I've compiled a list of packages that need co-maintainers, those that
I've kept due to low maintenance time, and those that are potentially
orphanable due to maintenance circumstances. This list can be found here.

https://write.as/l15zfw3838y89q0c.md

Is there anything else I should do to make it easier for future maintainers
to help ease their workload?