[aur-general] TU application: Jonas Witschel (diabonas)

Alad Wenter alad at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 5 21:18:12 UTC 2019

On 9/5/19 5:29 PM, Alad Wenter via aur-general wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 05:23:20PM +0200, Jonas Witschel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> my name is Jonas Witschel (online nick "diabonas" on the
>> AUR/GitHub/GitLab/...) and I am applying as an Arch Linux Trusted User
>> under the sponsorship of Bruno Pagani and Alad Wenter.
>>
> I hereby confirm my sponsorship of Jonas. Best of luck with your
> application!
>
> Alad

Just to add some words beyond "I sponsor this candidate"...

My first encounter with diabonas was when he fixed some broken behavior
with aurutils [7, 8]. I got no github issue, but instead directly a PR
to fix it. :) I also noticed his interest in WKD when he created a
detailed table on the wiki [9] for every developer and TU key, with the
corresponding bug report.

When Bruno mentioned Jonas was interested in becoming TU, I was
pleasantly surprised and looked at his various AUR packages. What I
found most remarkable was the amount of insight found in these packages,
e.g. the comments in tpm2-tss-git [10]. I thus asked to send in a draft
of the application, found it good and gave my Stamp of Approval(TM).

[7] https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/pull/493
[8] https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/pull/464
[9]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Diabonas/WKD_support_by_developer_key