[aur-general] Packaging a go application

Rhys Perry rhysperry111 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 12:37:13 UTC 2019

Hi, I am currently trying to package an application for use in the aur. The problem I am having is the install() section. The only thing i need to be done is for the package to move '$srcdir/$_gitname/fathom' into '/bin/'. How would I turn that into a .tar.gz?

Sorry if my question doesn't make sense, but here is my current PKGBUILD (it is not finished as I can't seem to get git to provide a version)
####### PKGBUILD STARTS HERE #######
pkgname="fathom-git"
pkgrel=1
pkgver="i.dont.know.what.to.put.here"
pkgdesc="Fathom - simple website analytics (Community Edition)"
url="https://github.com/usefathom/fathom"
license=("MIT")
arch=("any")
provides=("fathom")
conflicts=("fathom")

makedepends=("git" "go" "npm")
source=("git://github.com/usefathom/fathom.git")
md5sums=("SKIP")
_gitname="fathom"

prepare(){
mkdir -p gopath/src/github.com/usefathom
ln -rTsf $_gitname gopath/src/github.com/usefathom/fathom
export GOPATH="$srcdir"/gopath
}

build(){
export GOPATH="$srcdir"/gopath
cd $srcdir/$_gitname
make build
}

package(){
echo "I don't know what to do now"
}
####### PKGBUILD ENDS HERE ######

Also, if you have any problems with other things in the PKGBUILD then please feel free to give me tips on better ways to do them.
Yours sincerely,
Rhys Perry