[aur-general] TU application - orhun

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 13 22:14:42 UTC 2020

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 08:03:45PM +0300, orhun via aur-general wrote:
> Dear Arch Linux Trusted Users & Developers,

Yo!

> The intent of this mail is to apply for the role of Trusted User with the
> confirmation/sponsorship of Sven-Hendrik Haase and Levente Polyak.

Good luck with the application.

> HOW CAN I HELP?
>
> I'm aiming to turn my motivation and enthusiasm in regards to the Arch
> Linux project into professional and valuable contributions since I
> learn fast and adapt to the changes quickly. My first step towards
> that goal was to start maintaining packages in AUR and I still do due
> to the fact that I feel like I should somehow give back to the
> community. I think the packaging is an interesting topic and I'm
> experiencing/learning new things by doing it. As for now, my
> purpose is to adopt/maintain Rust, Go, C, and Python packages in the
> community repository, move some of my favorite packages about
> networking like gping [10] and ali [11] to there and help with the tooling
> of reproducible builds.

Both ali and gping are packages with limited use (the projects and packages are
months old). Are there any packages you intend to help co-maintain in the
repositories? Any orphaned packages in the repositories that would be of
interest?

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16