[aur-general] Transition users from package x to package y (package x deprecated)

NicoHood archlinux at nicohood.de
Sat Dec 26 11:00:46 UTC 2020

Hi Michael,
you can use 'replaces':
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#replaces

If the package should stay on the aur this still does not help much, so
you'd need to write a comment to the aur package page and tell users to
move to the new package. I'd keep it a month and then open a deletion
request.

People with an aur helper will possibly miss the change if they dont
subscribe on updates, but they will possibly notice the missing package,
I am not sure. No matter what, you have no other option than that
(correct me if i am wrong).

Cheers
Nico