[aur-general] [arch-dev-public] AUR migration

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 28 20:13:12 UTC 2020

[2020-07-28 13:46:23 +0100] Filipe Laíns:
> If one machine gets compromised the keys are also compromised.

I never suggested to use the same keys for multiple servers.

Only that if luna's main purpose is to provide a service and this
service is moved to a different host, it makes sense to move the SSH
host keys too, and to generate new keys for luna.

> None of this happened, when it did hapen in soyuz everyone got properly
> notified and had plenty time to get their stuff out, on top of that,
> the system was backed up in case someone forgot.

I wanted to point out that I consider copying user home directories over
to a new host an important part of any migration.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan