[aur-general] TU application; freswa

Frederik Schwan freswa at archlinux.org
Wed May 6 21:19:04 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
my name is Frederik aka freswa and I'm applying to become a Trusted User with svenstaro's and grazzolini's sponsorship.

I started using Linux around 2004 with some live images of Ubuntu. In 2010, Debian became my main OS. Only a year later I switched to Arch after I screwed up Debian/sid while hunting for the latest kernel.
I'm interested in DevOps topics, mail server, C, Rust, Go and newer JVM languages such as Kotlin.

Thanks to svenstaro I've been a bug wrangler since February. You mostly hear from me when I assign bugs to the wrong people from time to time :P

OS contributions:
- working on the dovecot-xaps code, providing native Mail.app Apple Push for iOS devices
- maintaining and writing PKGBUILDs for the AUR
- bug reporting and fixing for several projects

My AUR packages got reviewed recently by eschwartz, svenstaro and alad - thanks :)

If I become a TU, I'd like to focus on the bug tracker until we have a better solution. I'd also like to help out bug fixing when maintainers are busy, away or on vacation.

Packages which I would like to move to [Community], some of which are not mine:
docker-credential-pass
i3status-rust
intel-undervolt
ispin
mysqltuner
pdfposter
pinentry-rofi
protobuf-go
sha3sum
spin
talosctl
thermald
unifi
woeusb

I'm aware though that some of these packages do not meet the criteria of 10 votes yet. I'll reevaluate whether they meet this criteria from time to time.
I'd also like to go on helping Eli with maintenance of zfs-dkms and zfs-utils in the AUR.

In case JetBrains is okay with us packaging their IDE's, I'd also maintain them. But so far all requests I found resulted in a negative response from JB.

I am looking forward to working with you!
Frederik