[aur-general] TU application; freswa

Frederik Schwan freswa at archlinux.org
Fri May 8 01:08:39 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,

On 08/05/2020 02.43, Christian Rebischke via aur-general wrote:
> 1. How do you monitor new software releases? Do you use a specific tool
> for this like urlwatch?

I'm using nvchecker which is automatically triggered on tty login.

> 2. How do you want to participate in the Arch Linux community? I see
> that you are very active in the IRC and on the bugtracker. Are there
> other areas, where you are active?

I'm also helping out in the DevOps team. E.g. I participated in the latest Rollout of Keycloak and Gitlab.
I'll probably also help out when we will migrate our bugs at some point in the future.
Looking forward to increase my engagement at DevOps in the future.

> 3. Do you use any tools for enforcing a specific PKGBUILD format? For
> example shfmt?

Not yet, but I'll have a look at shfmt. Honestly I haven't had the idea to use a formatting tool yet.
But I'm using aurpublish to ensure .SRCINFO and checksum consistency.

> 4. Are you testing your packages? If so, how? Do you spawn a VM via
> vagrant? Or do you use systemd-nspawn or docker images? Or do you just
> test it locally on your machine?

I'm using most of the packages myself, so I test them locally. The builds are tested with our devtools package
in systemd-nspawn (for missing deps etc.).
Docker seems to be a nice idea to improve this in the future :)

Cheers,
freswa