[aur-general] AUR package q -- newbie

Raj Kombiyil rkombiyil at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:09:35 UTC 2020

Dear all,
Greetings!
Just finished my maiden install of arch-linux on my laptop, with my share
of headache. But things are running alright now, I guess. It's kind of
difficult to find packages in one place -- e.g.; I could install gedit
easily (via pacman), but couldn't find the LaTeX plugin. Searching, I see
it is in AUR:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gedit-latex
I see that in the comments section, there's some issue. The package is
updated in 2017 last. I know all these will be voluntary work and maybe
people don't need this plugin much. For me, I could compile LaTeX source on
the fly, using gedit with this plugin. What should I do to install this
package?
I was hoping just to install and move on with my work. I am into science
computing and don't have the knowledge base to make this work/make packages
etc. I read good things about Arch, so I picked it. Apologies, I am
thankful for the great work all the developers/volunteers do, but at this
moment I just would like something that works.
Thank you for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Raj