[aur-general] AUR package q -- newbie

Markus Schaaf mschaaf at elaboris.de
Tue May 12 12:14:33 UTC 2020

Am 12.05.20 um 13:54 schrieb Eli Schwartz via aur-general:

> On the other hand, this *would* seem like a good situation in which
> to use optdepends.

Thought about this. It's just a suggested/preset command line for a
user command. I don't use rubber myself. Why suggest to install it?
There is a command to process R files. Shall I suggest installing R,
too? The rubber tool itself doesn't optdepend on texlive, much like
make doesn't optdepend on binutils or gcc. It's not really clear to me
when to optdepend.

BR