[aur-general] Create user

Kusoneko kusoneko at kusoneko.moe
Fri May 22 03:14:31 UTC 2020

On May 22, 2020 2:29:52 AM UTC, karx via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>Hey,
>
>An application I'm thinking about packaging for AUR requires its own
>user
>to run. Is it ok to be/How would I go about creating a "user" that will
>be
>created on the installer's system when they install the package?
>
>Thanks,
>Yash

I looked up an official package I know creates a user (postgresql) and it seems to provide this file[1] and install it in the PKGBUILD[2] with the following line (line 208) :

[1]: https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/postgresql.sysusers?h=packages/postgresql
[2]: https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/postgresql