[aur-general] Reply to your request SGE

Manhong Dai daimh at umich.edu
Tue Oct 13 00:30:11 UTC 2020

Thanks a lot for your reply! I commented on the package hoping the new
maintainer can return the maintainer  to me.

But I am willing to answer your question.

A pull request needs a lot of effort to check. The pull request changed a
lot of files and it is not that easy to see if the change is not malicious.
That being said, now do you understand that why I would trust a 'trusted
user' more? After all, 'trusted user' was named so for a reason, right?

If changing package status to 'out of state ' doesn't send any
notification, it is SCARY. Not everybody can  check out the aur email list
everyday and we all work on there packages for free.  Why it is scary? What
if a malicious user submit a ticket like this and the become the maintainer
for a package that is not popular but could access sensitive data, like SGE?

Think about it, the disowning already sends notification, why doesn't the
warning 'out of state' send the email?

On another note, maybe the AUR package should be named like github does.
Adding the user name to the path will save such headache for both you and
me......

Best,
Manhong
Sent from phone