[aur-general] Reply to your request SGE

Alexis BRENON brenon.alexis+arch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:02:08 UTC 2020

> Then try reading again, as that's not what I said at all. You either have a
> serious issue with reading comprehension or you're just making things up now.
>
> And you're STILL violating the rules of just about every mailing list out
> there, even after being told twice.

Just to try to calm down the conversation.

Manhong, you say that this is your package, however, AUR is not the
right place to host "your own" package, it is a place to host the
community's packages.
Actually, there is a dedicated maintainer who takes care of a package,
and it seems that in the last times you didn't take enough care of the
sge package (there is a set of rules to follow that make you a good
care-taker: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_package_guidelines),
so you aren't the maintainer anymore. This seems fair.

You complain about not being notified before you lost the
maintainership. The maintainer always receives e-mail notifications to
its personal e-mail address. You are the only one who does not receive
it, maybe there is a problem on your side...

In any case, there are some rules. They have been followed. And nobody
can give you back the maintainership. You can ask to become a
co-maintainer which sounds good, you do not have to bear all the
burden alone!

If you want to host "your own" package, following your own rules for
the PKGBUILD format, and don't bothering with the community's rules,
feel free to host your own AUR service on your cluster.

Kind regards,
Alexis