[aur-general] Package clonable via git but not on the web interface?

Ian Denhardt ian at zenhack.net
Mon Sep 21 16:14:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

I recently went looking for a package for [entr][1], didn't find one,
and so put together a PKGBUILD myself. When I went to submit it I found
the git repo already exists; if you do:

    git clone ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/entr

You get a non-empty repo that was last updated sometime in 2018, and
packages version 4.1 of the software. I can't push to the repo since it
already exists and I am not the maintainer, but there is no
corresponding package available via the web interface:

    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/entr

I am not sure what to make of this. Any insights?

-Ian

[1]: http://eradman.com/entrproject/