[aur-general] AUR not aware of changes in the regular repos

Daniel Peukert daniel at peukert.cc
Mon Apr 5 17:23:27 UTC 2021

Hi,
recently, I've been alerted by a user of one of my packages to the fact that one direct dependency
and several dependencies down the tree are no longer available in the regular repos. However, they
are not marked in the usual way in the AUR UI (disabled link, bold, red) and when I tried to push
the affected package to the AUR, I get denied, 'cause AUR still thinks it's available in the
regular repos:

remote: error: package already provided by [community]: python2-beautifulsoup4
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

I suspect the aurblup script stopped working/being called, but I'm not familiar with the codebase,
so I'm not able to investigate/fix further.

An example:
python2-lxml is no longer available, but nothing changed on the AUR package page for mailpile.

Thanks,
Daniel Peukert