[aur-general] AUR not aware of changes in the regular repos

Daniel Peukert daniel at peukert.cc
Mon Apr 5 21:01:55 UTC 2021

> Are these now removed packages (but not highlighted as missing) from
> AUR, or are they from Arch official repositories?

They were in the official repositories until recently (probably removed
due to the ongoing effort to get rid of python2 apps & deps) and as of
now, they are not available in the AUR. I've got the PKGBUILDS ready[0]
to push them there, but as I mentioned in the original email, it won't
let me.

> I'm asking this because I'm not sure AURweb highlights missing
> packages from official repositories, but only from AUR packages.

AFAIK it works/worked for both, I found python2-autowig[1], which depends
on python2-parse (removed from the community repo in October 2019[2] and
not uploaded to the AUR as of today) and the package page has it marked
in red.

> python2-lxml is from official repositories, see:
> https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/commit/2c86ef96c722c02037f61fa221e8d14bb296ecc0

Yes, it was, but the commit you're referencing is the one that removed
it from there.

Daniel Peukert

[0] https://gitlab.com/dpeukert/pkgbuilds/-/commit/a9f07d202cd535a2411b6f5ad9de4f8ebd3aa679
[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-autowig/