[aur-general] TU application: grawlinson

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 20 07:19:22 UTC 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 06:52:27PM -0700, Brett Cornwall via aur-general wrote:
> I also took a look at the packages you maintain and intend on bringing into
> [community]. Most of those Go packages download vendor libraries on
> buildtime. The Go package guidelines [2] make no mention of vendoring so I'd
> like to get some clarification from someone else on whether or not this is
> kosher.

Go is in the same camp as with other modern languages like Rust. Devendoring
libraries is simply (sadly?) too much effort to be reasonably handled by a
distribution without spending a *lot* of effort on tooling to deal with it
appropriately. It's not a good development but you would be fighting against the
ecosystem.

Completely kosher in other words :)

--
Morten Linderud