[aur-general] Package Request and/or TU Application

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Thu Aug 19 19:46:29 UTC 2021

Hi aur-general,

I've come across a Python library which serves a nice purpose for
aurweb's FastAPI implementation, but noticed that it is not yet
maintained in the Arch official repositories. For aurweb, we'd like
to stick to packages which exist within our official repositories,
and so I'm here to start a chat about either someone picking it up
or applying as a TU to maintain it.

Upstream: https://github.com/Pylons/paginate

I've put together an AUR package for this project to share/demonstrate
its PKGBUILD that could be used to produce a [community] package,
located at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-paginate/.

There are other python-*-paginate libraries around the AUR, but they
are not meant to be as standalone as Pylon's paginate seems to be
(out of the box, at least).

For any TUs out there, could you perhaps give some feedback as to
your thoughts on the package topic? It'd be greatly appreciated.

That being said, I could maintain the package, but I have not really
reached out to TUs to get any sort of sponsorship in regards to this,
as I do not really have many packages that I know of to pick up.

My main goal here is to get `python-paginate` into [community],
however that may be achieved.

Would this be possible?

Thanks for your time and willingness to read this.

Regards,
Kevin Morris

--
Kevin Morris