[aur-general] Cycled dependencies in AUR

Mikhail f. Shiryaev mr.felixoid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:12:01 UTC 2021

Hello.

Today I tried to build ruby-rubocop [1] package and it's in a strange
state. A lot of packages for the package are cross-dependent for the check,
for example ruby-ruby-progressbar [2] and ruby-fuubar [3]. The proposal of
how to solve it from Mario [4] is to skip the check() phase, see comment
[5].

The same is valid for package ruby-rubocop-performance [6] that is
dependency for rubocop check and requires it to be built

IMHO the state when the packages aren't able to be built by the simple AUR
helper command like `yay -S ruby-rubocop` should be considered as room for
improvement.

If I'm wrong, please say so. But I'd like to have AUR packages in an easily
installable state and not passing additional arguments like `--nocheck` for
makepackage commands.

[1] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ruby-rubocop
[2] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ruby-ruby-progressbar/
[3] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ruby-fuubar/
[4] - https://aur.archlinux.org/account/supermario
[5] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ruby-rubocop-rspec/#comment-823420
[6] - https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ruby-rubocop-performance/

Best regards,
Mikhail f. Shiryaev

p.s. Mario, sorry for sending you two messages.