[aur-general] What's happened with URxvt upstream? And how to build dependent packages now?

Radislav Golubtsov rgolubtsov at mail.ru
Mon Aug 30 18:25:24 UTC 2021

Thursday, August 26, 2021 6:36 PM +11:00 from Mehdi Sadeghi via aur-general <aur-general at lists.archlinux.org>:
On 25.08.21 14:40, Radislav Golubtsov via aur-general wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
> First of all, the Community, sorry for my top-posting here — I'm currently writing from a smartphone with myMail defaults.
> Regarding "temporary unavailability" of Mark Lehmann's website and those URxvt tarballs there, Ralf, on my side, I'd like to say, they are unavailable in my location from the end of last week up to now.
> Please be so kind to email me the current stable source tarball of URxvt: rxvt-unicode-9.26.tar.bz2 along with its respective signature file — they weigh less then one megabyte — so, this is not, I think, a burden for your mail service to send them out to me.
> First, I have to rehabilitate the possibility to work with the URxvt Better Wheel Scrolling AUR package on a daily basis (because currently I'm limited to use Xterm only), and after that I have to discover and to try out those terminal emulators, listed to me in previous replies by Caleb and Nick.
> Thank you in advance!
> Hi Radislav,

> I made a temporary mirror of the top most directory, you can download
> the file from there:

> https://mehdix.org/~mx/rxvt-unicode/

> Cheers,
> Mehdi

Hi Mehdi,

Thank you very much for creating this mirror of the URxvt current source for me (and for those like me). Yes, I have downloaded the tarball from your mirror site, but prior to this I have already got this tarball with accompanied signature files, directly emailed me by Ralf (rxvt-unicode-9.26.tar.bz2 et al.).

Today I have rebuilt ($ makepkg -sirc) my favorite AUR package (Rxvt Unicode Better Wheel Scrolling) using the source tarball from Ralf email. But yours, Mehdi, is also the same - I have compared them both.)))) - Thank you!

$ ls -al ~/aur/build/rxvt-unicode-better-wheel-scrolling/
-rw-r--r-- 1  904950 Aug 30 19:27 rxvt-unicode-9.26.tar.bz2
-rw-r--r-- 1  901544 Aug 30 19:34 rxvt-unicode-better-wheel-scrolling-9.26-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

And now I am again a happy user of the URxvt Better Wheel Scrolling terminal emu:

$ pacman -Qm
rxvt-unicode-better-wheel-scrolling 9.26-1

Thank you very much to all of you guys!

--
Kind regards,
Radislav (Radicchio) Golubtsov