[aur-general] Customize testing in PKGBUILD

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Tue Dec 14 14:39:00 UTC 2021

Just put the tests in. Download the sources in the source array, do
whatever you need to do in prepare() to get them where they belong
relative to the other sources, and have a check() function by default.
If there are tests, having a check() function that runs them is almost
always the right default behavior for a PKGBULID.

For people that want faster build times and don't care about tests, they
already have a solution: the /etc/makepkg.conf file can be edited to add
!check to the BUILDENV‌ array. This will suppress the test suites for
all builds for that extra speed.

Caleb