[aur-general] Clarification for Deletion request #30701

Justin Kromlinger hashworks at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 16 23:17:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 01:05:19 +0200
silentnoodle via aur-general <aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> hey all,
>
> Today a package i co maintain (telegram-desktop-bin) was deleted because
> "Package exists in official community repo", but since we used prebuilt
> binary as source I did not think that would have applied.
>
> So guess I'd just like a word on what the first point in the rules of
> submission means:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines#Rules_of_submission
>
> Cheers, Ben a.k.a silentnoodle

So basically:
* telegram-desktop in community is git release 3.3.0 build by Arch Maintainers
* telegram-desktop-bin in AUR is git release 3.3.0 build by upstream

For the end user, those two are basically the same package. Therefore the AUR package is a
duplicate.

--
hashworks

Web        https://hashworks.net