[aur-general] Clarification for Deletion request #30701

Mikhail f. Shiryaev mr.felixoid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:50:31 UTC 2021

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021, 11:20 Bjoern Bidar via aur-general, <
aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> > On Fri, 2021-12-17 at 00:17 +0100, Justin Kromlinger via aur-general
> wrote:

> because
> prebuilt

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines#Rules_of_subm

> > > So basically:
> > > * telegram-desktop in community is git release 3.3.0 build by Arch
> > > Maintainers * telegram-desktop-bin in AUR is git release 3.3.0 build by
> > > upstream
> > >
> > > For the end user, those two are basically the same package. Therefore
> the
> > > AUR package is a
> > > duplicate.
> >
> > No, they aren't. I haven't looked into the request but if this is indeed
> the
> > case, the package was incorrectly deleted.
> They package name indicates that both are the same but the other one is
> the
> prebulid by aur conventions.
> IMHO the prebuild made by upstream should have a packagename that
> indicates
> this.
>
> Br,
>
> Björn

Hello.

Kind, but strong objections here. As I reported in
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/72749, many arch built QT applications are
affected by a strange bug, and the community package telegram-desktop as
well. But official static telegram binary is not. So it is at least not the
same.

And even better, it works for me.

I don't get the recent movement "let's delete static binary packages", but
it goes quite far. There are differences between community packages with
shared libraries and static official builds.

Kind regards,
Mikhail f. Shiryaev