[aur-general] Why are orphan requests accepted immediately although wiki says there's a 2 weeks wating period ?

Lone_Wolf lone_wolf at klaas-de-kat.nl
Sat Jan 2 18:46:04 UTC 2021

Hi,

Recently I received a notification message that a package I was
co-maintainer from had changed ownership.

I looked at aur-requests archive and saw the orphan request was filed on
Sat Jan 2 09:42:38 UTC 2021.

The request was accepted on Sat Jan 2 09:42:38 UTC 2021 or within a second !

I checked
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_submission_guidelines#Requests
which states

> Orphan requests will be granted after two weeks if the current
> maintainer did not react.

The immediate acceptance has made it impossible for the maintainer /
co-maintainers to respond.

Is the wiki incorrect wrt policy for orphan requests ?

If so, where is the correct policy described ?

Lone_Wolf