[aur-general] TU application - Morganamilo

Morgan Adamiec morganamilo at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 3 11:35:02 UTC 2021

On 03/07/2021 10:26, alad via aur-general wrote:
> On 03/07/2021 10:16, Morgan Adamiec via aur-general wrote:

>>> Indeed. There's even a special exception rule that bans pacman wrappers
>>> from ever making it into the repos. 🎉 [2]
>>>
>>> [2]
>>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines#The_TU_and_the_AUR

>>> Some notes on those you have:
>>>
>>> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-vk9-bin/
>>>
>>> A user mentioned a 404, you should probably fix it
>> The whole repo is gone. I still need to figure out where it went...
>>
>>> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pacdiffviewer/
>>>
>>> You seem to have rewritten yaourt's pacdiffviewer, but included no
>>> documentation - in particular what it does over the original while
>>> requiring rust and a fixed version of pacman.
>> The name just happens to be the same as yaourts binary. It's not meant
>> to be related. There's a --help page which is good enough really.
>
> You mean the few lines in
> https://github.com/Morganamilo/pacdiffviewer/blob/master/src/config.rs

Yes:

morganamilo at Octavia ~ % pacdiffviewer --help
pacdiffviewer - pacfiles manager

Usage: pacdiffviewer [OPTIONS] [targets]...

        --action <action>
            automatically perform an action on each pacfile [possible
values:
            view, skip, remove, overrwrite, quit]
    -a, --all
            manage all pacfiles instead of providing a selection menu

        --color=<color>
            specify when to enable color [default: auto]  [possible values:
            never, auto, always]
    -c, --config <config>        the pacman.conf to use
    -b, --dbpath <dbpath>        the dbpath to use
    -d, --diffprog <diffprog>    diff program to use [env: DIFFPROG=]
    -h, --help                   display this help menu
        --nosudoedit
            don't use sudo -e to open the editor under your user account

    -o, --output                 print pacfiles instead of managing them
    -r, --root <root>            the root dir to use
    -u, --sudouser <sudouser>
            user to change to when editing files [env: SUDO_USER=]

    -V, --version                display the version
    -v, --show hidden errors

> Still no idea what distinguishes this project from say, pacdiff, but
> whatever I guess.
>
>>> * https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=paru
>>>
>>> The pacman -T lines (also for pacdiffviewer) looks pretty strange. I
>>> guess rust has no ifdefs.
>> Sure there are ifdefs. This is how I'm saying what ifdefs are defined.
>> This is the same as adding -Dpacman-git=true in configure.
>
> But why has it to be part of the PKGBUILD? You're saying alpm has no
> defines for the version?

Nope there's no version defines. Eli was pushing for it though. And even
if there were, there would need to be defines for is the -git version
being used.