[aur-general] SSH Key Denied Problem

Matt Spaulding mspaulding06 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:15:07 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 6:29 PM Eli Schwartz via aur-general <
aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 7/8/21 9:09 PM, Matt Spaulding via aur-general wrote:
> > Well, as soon as I sent this I think I figured it out.  There is an error
> > message when updating the SSH key, but I don't see it because it's off
> > screen.  When I first select "update" after changing the key, the key
> looks
> > like it has been changed.  But if I come back to the page later, it's the
> > old key again.  I finally noticed the error message and it was asking for
> > me to enter my password.  After I did that it appears everything is
> working
> > just fine.
> >
> > Thanks for taking a look into this!
>
> Hmm, the error message should be at the top of the (reloaded) page.

Yes, it was on top.  But at least on my version of Chrome, the page reloads
to the same position as before when clicking the "update" button, and
doesn't reset to the top of the page.  Because of that I didn't see the
error message (which is actually quite small and hard to notice anyway).

> FWIW, on a successful account update you get taken to a new page, which
> just says:
>
> "The account, <your-account-name>, has been successfully modified."

Yes, I figured that out after I updated the key correctly :)

--
Best Regards,
Matt