[aur-general] Question about PKGBUILD guidelines

Vince vince at ultrabanana.net
Fri Jul 30 15:18:27 UTC 2021

Hello,

This is my first time interacting with a mailing list, so please let me
know if I've done something wrong, or I'm asking in the wrong place.

I plan to submit a binary PKGBUILD for REXPaint, and since it's
distributed as a portable binary for WINE, I have a couple questions
about the guidelines:

1. Is it right that it should be installed into /usr/share?

2. How do I properly include files that are necessary for use, but not
included in the upstream source? In my case, this would be a .desktop
file and a bash script in /usr/bin. My intuition is to use "echo"
during the prepare() phase, but I was wondering if there was a cleaner
way to do this.

3. In accordance with the Nonfree guidelines, I will name my package
'rexpaint-bin'. However, since there is no open source version yet, do
I need to conflict it with 'rexpaint'?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent