[aur-general] [arch-general] [aur] cctag build error

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sat Jul 31 19:53:43 UTC 2021

Am 31.07.21 um 20:10 schrieb Ralf Mardorf via aur-general:
> Hi,
>
> it might not be related to your issue, however, when updating AUR
> packages, an AUR helper might build packages in lexical order, but not
> in the order they need to be build.
>
> For example, there might be an update for a-foo and b-bar. Since b-bar
> is a dependency of a-foo, there's the need to first build b-bar and
> after that a-foo against b-bar, but an AUR helper might build a-foo
> first and then b-bar. IOW a-foo is build against the outdated b-bar and
> after that b-bar is updated, hence a-foo is build against a version of
> b-bar that isn't installed anymore.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
Hi Ralf,

just to focus on my problem, I've already used "pikaur -Sa --asdeps
cctag", so while this behaviour might be possible depending on the AUR
helper, it shouldn't be a problem in this case. Also, devil2 isn't
available from the AUR - probably there's a typo in the dependency, as a
package "community/devil 1.8.0-5" exists?

However, I could manage to start the build (because of confusion about
the -S option I had set the directory path incorrectly; fixed now), but
after compilation the Ninja build system generator does not find the
build directory:
pkgdir = ~/.cache/pikaur/build/cctag/pkg/cctag
ninja: Entering directory `build'
ninja: fatal: chdir to 'build' - No such file or directory

The first line is created by an echo instruction added as the first line
of the "package()" function - this looks quite weird, what would be the
correct path?

Kind regards,
Peter