[aur-general] TU application for Caleb, aka alerque

Archange archange at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 11 00:16:04 UTC 2021

Hi,

Le 10/06/2021 à 15:15, Caleb Maclennan via aur-general a écrit :
> Hello all!
>
> My name is Caleb Maclennan (AUR moniker “caleb”, most other places
> “alerque”). I’m a long time Arch Linux user and AUR contributor looking
> to get more involved, and specifically to join the TU group so that I
> can help out with packages in [community]. I’m particularly interested
> in the Lua ecosystem (which thanks largely to @Daurnimator is much less
> of a mess than it was a year ago when I first started looking into
> becoming a TU, but could still use a helping hand) as well as anything
> related to font development or typesetting. As you’ll see I have some
> experience in FOSS, software packaging, and Linux in general, but maybe
> the most important thing is I can still learn and I’m open to learning
> and adapting so that my contributions are in cooperation with the rest
> of the community, not in conflict with it.
>
> Two existing TUs, Daurnimator and Archange, have agreed to sponsor my
> application:
>
> *https://archlinux.org/people/trusted-users/#daurnimator
> *https://archlinux.org/people/trusted-users/#Archange

I hereby confirm my sponsorship.

I’ve known Caleb for a while around packaging of certain softwares,
especially Mattermost, and I think he showed great knowledge and
competences around our work and procedures. I’ve had a look at several
of his other PKGBUILD in the AUR, and all of them appeared to be in
great shape (they might of course be some minor nits here and there, but
nothing outstanding to me).

I think it would be a great addition to the team, so let’s start the
discussion period.

Regards,
Bruno/Archange