[aur-general] Issue a warning while (re)packaging a binary package?

Jan Kohnert nospam001-lists at jan-kohnert.de
Fri Jun 18 13:05:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

a new version of a (binary) package I'm maintaining (clockify-desktop) requires an
executable /tmp directory to run.

So I'd thought about adding a warning to the PKGBUILD if /tmp is mounted
noexec (as on all of my maschines). Unfortunately I could not find a hint in the
documentation if

1. this idea is considered "good behaviour"
2. where exactly to put the warning.

My first attempt whould be something like adding a pre/post install check, if the
directory is executable and print a message in case it is not.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks and best regards

--
MfG Jan