[aur-general] Package `pijul` in both AUR and Community-Testing

Markus Arians markus.r.arians at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 09:44:47 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

today I noticed I was unable to push to the AUR repository for the pijul
package with the server hook error message "remote: error: package already
provided by [community-testing]: pijul".

Sure enough, the package exists in the Community-Testing repository (see
https://archlinux.org/packages/community-testing/x86_64/pijul/).

Now, as far as I understand, packages can be "promoted" to the community /
community-testing repository, however, in this case it seems like a new
package with the same name has been created. Is this the usual procedure?
What will my responsibilities as packager of the AUR pijul package be? What
happens to the AUR package? Should I just leave it as it is? Submit a
delete request?

Thanks for your help!
Markus