[aur-general] Package `pijul` in both AUR and Community-Testing

alad alad at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 30 13:05:00 UTC 2021

On 30/06/2021 13:54, Rafael Fontenelle via aur-general wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 6:45 AM Markus Arians via aur-general
> <aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> today I noticed I was unable to push to the AUR repository for the pijul
>> package with the server hook error message "remote: error: package already
>> provided by [community-testing]: pijul".
>>
>> Sure enough, the package exists in the Community-Testing repository (see
>> https://archlinux.org/packages/community-testing/x86_64/pijul/).
>>
>> Now, as far as I understand, packages can be "promoted" to the community /
>> community-testing repository, however, in this case it seems like a new
>> package with the same name has been created. Is this the usual procedure?
>> What will my responsibilities as packager of the AUR pijul package be? What
>> happens to the AUR package? Should I just leave it as it is? Submit a
>> delete request?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>> Markus
> My suggestion is to file a delete request. That's what I do when one
> of my AUR packages goes to an official repository.
>
> Best regards,
> Rafael Fontenelle

The question if the package will ever make it to community - most people
won't have community-testing enabled. It's not very typical for new
packages that weren't in the repositories before. My guess it was
because an alpha version was packaged, which shouldn't have been
packaged in the repos in the first place.

Alad