[aur-general] electron9 - Misusage of comments

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 23 06:37:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

could an AUR moderator please add a pinned comment to
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/electron9 . The comments get spammed
by AUR helper users and Manjaro users with unreasonable comments.

Dear Manjaro users aquatic7,

if you are puzzled about something, consider to read the comments first
and if this shouldn't clarify it for you, consider to use a support
channel of the distro you are using.

See https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/electron9/#comment-796026 , you
are building blowatware, nothings is broken, so there's nothing to fix.
Building bloatware can take very long.

I'm subscribed (FWIW I'm just another user, not the maintainer) to
receive comments to get informed about real issues and it's quite
annoying to receive only comments from people using unsupported tools
and/or alien disros again and again.

Also consider to read the pinned comment, see
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/electron9/#pinned-795189 .

Btw. consider to verify, if this package is needed at all by your
install, see:

Begin forwarded message: