[aur-general] [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin

B tocusso_malty at aleeas.com
Sat Nov 6 16:05:41 UTC 2021

grawlinson made a deletion request on this package after I updated it
to v0.89.1, and they immediately approved their own request. The
community package is flagged out-of-date and is at v0.88.1.

First, this violates the AUR community guidelines that requests a user
be contacted before a package is removed. Additionally, I find that
they are making a request and then immediately approving their own
request without any discussion to be concerning.

I do not think you should be deleting AUR packages, unless they are
malicious. If they are not being maintained, then you should be
contacting the users before deleting them. Otherwise, there is no harm
in having an AUR and trusted package, as many times they be actually
be different or the trusted package is the one not actively getting
updated.

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 2:00 PM notify at aur.archlinux.org
<ra+xgepysjjbcltexbfrteyggrkpgpclsgvngecpizxwjpvijvgp at simplelogin.co>