[aur-general] [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 6 18:54:21 UTC 2021

On Sat, Nov 06, 2021 at 06:47:04PM -0000, B via aur-general wrote:
> Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I did not realize that it
> was an issue to have a duplicate package in the AUR, and clearly see
> now that I should not. I guess the action of deleting the package
> makes more sense so I apologize for any confusion and unnecessary
> complaint. I do think if a package in an official repo is not getting
> updated that it makes sense to allow one in the AUR, but that would be
> a separate proposal.
>
> Please note, I also maintain a separate Skaffold package
> (skaffold-bin) since at times new updates were not getting pushed for
> a month or more. Feel free to delete that as well.

Hi,

I am the skaffold maintainer. Are you sure about this? I am very
confident that I have updated skaffold over the last months within 24
hours. Are you maybe on an old mirror or do you speak about longer ago?

Some general advice: Patches are always welcome. Many package
maintainers (including me) have their own PKGBUILD mirror on Github.
For example: https://github.com/shibumi/pkgbuilds

Feel free to open a PR against this repository.

chris