[aur-general] Handling own requests (Was: [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin)

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Tue Nov 9 00:10:45 UTC 2021

I'd be up for programmatically making it impossible for any user
(user or TU) to accept their own requests.

However, that does bring some complications into play in regards
to deleting packages.

Currently, on the /packages search page (for a TU), it is possible
to delete packages without a request. In the new FastAPI
implementation of aurweb, we have countered this accountability issue
by auto-generating requests for the action performed. That being said,
removing the ability for TUs to accept their own requests would also
mean that TUs would not really be allowed to blanket delete packages
on their own without a request; furthermore, they couldn't create
a request themselves and go through the path.

So... the behavior would have to be changes to only allow blanket
deletions on packages which already have a request from _another_
user.

This decision is really up to the Trusted User community of the AUR;
not its developers. Some return feedback on this topic would be greatly
appreciated. It would, without a doubt, remove some of Trusted User's
freedoms. But it would also force sort of community-shared
accountability, which may be a good thing.

What do you all think?

Regards,
Kevin

--