[aur-general] Handling own requests (Was: [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin)

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Tue Nov 9 03:20:18 UTC 2021

That is kind of what I was thinking; we are improving the accountability
regardless, so there really would be no possible way for ninja deletions
to occur.

I'll keep looking on this thread for more feedback, though, in case
anyone brings up a nice point/idea.

Thanks guys.

On Tue, Nov 09, 2021 at 01:33:56AM +0000, Jonathon Fernyhough via aur-general wrote:
> On 09/11/2021 00:23, George Rawlinson via aur-general wrote:
> > I am interested in seeing what others think (not just staff members) of
> > the situation.
>
> TUs are supposed to be trusted, and "deleted" AUR packages can be trivially
> reinstated when required. There's an audit log available, and if someone
> wants to query a deletion then there's this list and the IRC channel.
>
> Therefore, I don't see an issue with a TU handling their own request.

Kevin Morris
Software Developer

Identities:
 - kevr @ Libera