[aur-general] New AUR Metadata Archives

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Thu Nov 11 23:02:01 UTC 2021

As per the previous archive spec in the project (PHP), we've
intended to persist the `Content-Type: text/plain` +
be supported with all archives found in the AUR.

This wasn't being handled correctly by aur.al's nginx frontend
and a patch has been merged in which resolves this issue you
were seeing (application/gzip encoded with gzip).

That being said, we do want to handle mimes better for these
archives, especially since we've got these new .json.gz archives;
supplying both encoded gzip transports as well as raw application/gzip
transports.

It won't happen immediately, but here's an issue I've just put
up in regards to this:
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/aurweb/-/issues/175

Thanks for the heads up; didn't realize this was mismatched on live.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Morris