[aur-general] Package name conflict (package name is already taken)

Matej Dujava mdujava+aur at kocurkovo.cz
Wed Oct 13 21:19:44 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am looking into publishing mine first package [0] into aur. I have
working PKGBUILD with 2 split packages (only 2 out of 4 run on python3
now; client side for now).

Problem is that I would like to use "beaker" as a pkgbase, since
original packages has this basename in rpm based distros [1].

Currently beaker aur package is used for [2] [3], which is also in
packages:
   beaker-appimage
   beaker-browser-bin
   beaker-browser-git
   beaker-git

I contacted package maintainers, after week no reply.

I was thinking of renaming them to beaker-browser-{,-bin,-git,-appimage}

[0] https://github.com/beaker-project/beaker
[1] https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=23875
[2] https://beakerbrowser.com
[3] https://github.com/beakerbrowser/beaker