[aur-general] TU application - artafinde

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 18:24:51 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm Leonidas Spyropoulos and I'd like to apply to become a Trusted User.
I'm particularly instersted in packaging dependencies which are required
for the ongoing python porting of Aurweb and anything related
performance. I'm sponsored from Jelle van der Waa <jelle> and
Sven-Hendrik Haase<sventaro>.

I'm a 39 years old Software Developer living in London originally from
Greece. I've been an Linux user for almost 20 years and an Arch Linux
for more than 15. Previous distributions include Suse and Debian but I
find Arch Linux suits me more. I've been a big supported of FOSS
philosophy and projects and try to contribute where possible (check my
github). I'm a developer in my day-to-day job working mostly with JVM
languages and DevOps.

For the minimum requirements:
- I know my way around shell scripting, mostly bash but I've done some
  ksh due to my work maintaining old server. These days almost all
  scripting is in bash and POSIX compliant. My daily shell is ZSH.
- I've been maintaining some packages in AUR [1] and some have moved
  to community (i.e. neomutt, dvdstyler). I believe some of the
  current ones are good enough PKGBUILDs to be moved to community
  repository.
- I've suscribed to most mailing lists and replied a few times, but
  I'm easier to be contacted in IRC. My forum activity is low since
  I find IRC more responsive.
- I can Google around
- For packages I want to maintain see list below

My contributions so far in Arch Linux are mostly:
- AUR packaging [1]
- AUR development (aurweb) with code reviews, testing and development in
  python porting (and some php) [2]
- DevOps keycloak theme packaging [3]
- DevOps patches for various issues [4]
- Actively involved in DevOps IRC for pitching in solutions to current
  issues/discussions

AUR packages (I maintain) interested in moving to Community
- Any package which will be a requirement for python ported Aurweb
  version
- aarchup
- python-prometheus-fastapi-instrumentator
- freeplane
- intellij-idea-{ce,ue}-eap (Provided their license is allowing that)
- gdu

AUR packages interested in moving to Community
- abook
- bfg
- clean-chroot-manager
- goland
- jdtls
- jetbrains-toolbox
- tectonic

I'd also be interesting in maintaining some Community packages which
are orphan or co-maintain some:
orphans:
- elasticsearch
packages I use and interested in {co-}maintaining:
- ansible
- aurpublish
- aws-cli
- ccache
- cpupower
- docker
- docker-compose
- go
- gradle
- kotlin
- kubectl
- lrzip
- neomutt (used to be co-maintainer in aur)
- notmuch
- profile-sync-daemon
- alot
- android-file-transder
- android-tools
- android-udev
- beets
- bpytop
- dvdbackup (used to maintain in aur)
- cuda
- fstrim
- gcc10 (required for cuda)
- handbrake
- kitty
- ncmpcpp
- ninja
- nextcloud-client
- nlohmann-json
- packer
- pacman-contrib
- pandoc
- profile-cleaner
- python-* (packages required for Aurweb see list from INSTALL)
- screenfetch
- spellcheck
- signal-desktop
- wxsvg (required from dvdbackup)
- zsh-completions

Github: https://github.com/inglor
AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/artafinde
Forums: https://bbs.archlinux.org/profile.php?id=17838
Bugs: https://bugs.archlinux.org/user/10369
IRC: artafinde | inglor

[1]:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=M&K=artafinde&outdated=&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&do_Search=Go
[2]:
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/aurweb/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=all&author_username=artafinde
[3]:
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/artafinde/keycloak-archlinux-theme/-/tree/multi-module
[4]:
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/infrastructure/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=all&author_username=artafinde

I'm looking forward to contributing more to Arch Linux. It's a great
community and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time so far.

Kind Regards,
Leonidas

--
Leonidas Spyropoulos