[aur-general] Deletion of vi-vim-symlink and neovim-symlinks

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 22 17:42:10 UTC 2022

On 2022-04-22 10:42, Doug Newgard via aur-general wrote:
> [...] As such, I think I'll be re-uploading unless you can show me
> where this violates the rules.

Without going into the details of this dispute, I will point out that this is
not how the AUR works: the Trusted Users are the moderators of the AUR, they
have the final power of decision over whether a package is allowed or not.

Naturally this requires some degree of interpretation of the existing rules,
which can sometimes be a somewhat subjective process: the submission
guidelines, as the name implies, are just a set of relatively loose guidelines,
not a rigid legal definition of what is allowed and what is not.

The decisions made by Trusted Users are not irrevocable of course. Therefore
asking for clarification if you disagree with a certain action is perfectly
fine; unilaterally re-uploading a deleted package without awaiting consent from
the Trusted Users however is certainly not.

Best,
Jonas

--
Jonas Witschel
Arch Linux Developer, Trusted User and security team member