[aur-general] TU application for sudoforge

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Fri Feb 18 09:51:28 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-29 15:27:44 (-0700), Ben Denhartog via aur-general wrote:
> Hello good people and fellow miscreants,

Hi Ben,

sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

> # AUR packages that I'll move to community
>
> - kind (`kind-bin`)

I guess that would be interesting (from source)

> # A non-exhaustive list of packages I use and would love to
> co-maintain
>
> - crictl
> - critest

Here we can use some effort to upstream fixes so that it is easier to
build.

> - kubectl

This comes at the cost of maintaining the kubernetes pkgbase.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on improvements and or
post-build test scenarios for this (that we can hand to the testers).

> - podman

This is an interesting one, especially in regards to e.g.
containers-common, which is still a bit weird and only recently we have
found out how it is "supposed to be packaged".
Do you have any improvement suggestions for it and/or test scenarios
that you could think of?

> - zsa-wally-cli

If you have improvement suggestions for this in regards to providing
fixes for upstream, that would be very much appreciated.
Upstream unfortunately does not use their issue tracker anymore and
expects people to send mails.
They are unfortunately also easily offended :S

> # Miscellaneous things I want to do
>
> - Take a look at the TU and maintainer workflows, and automate what
> can be automated (e.g. onboarding), with the goal of simplifying
> management of the Arch Linux ecosystem
> - Help out with infrastructure maintenance and other operational tasks

That would be much appreciated. We can always use help in automating our
things away.
What comes to mind here (apart from the packager workflows) is e.g. our
installation artifact release process and also our CI integration with
archlinux-keyring to detect soon expired keys as soon as possible, to
list a few that are rather pressing and/or fall on our feet from time to
time.
A good place to idle for that would be #archlinux-releng and
#archlinux-projects! :)

Best,
David

--