[aur-general] User MarsSeed spamming perl-* packages requesting maintainers not to do pkgrel bumps

Xiretza xiretza+archml at xiretza.xyz
Wed Jun 1 16:47:25 UTC 2022

Hi,

the user MarsSeed[0] is spamming AUR packages which perform a pkgrel bump for perl version updates with a prewritten comment asking package maintainers not to do that, examples: [1][2][3]. While their reasoning is questionable, I think the AUR/TUs do not have an official stance on this, and I don't intend to debate it here - I just think this user shouldn't be spamming a bunch of packages with the same comment over and over.

Regards,
xiretza

[0]: https://aur.archlinux.org/account/MarsSeed
[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/perl-authen-pam#comment-867588