[aur-general] Undeletion requests and TU role

Pellegrino Prevete pellegrinoprevete at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 18:49:38 UTC 2022

> Anyone *can* restore a package by just pushing a new commit to the
> package's git repo.

Thank you, I didn't realize new commits give you write access on
deleted repositories!

> Though usually packages are deleted for a reason,
> so you might want to ask a TU before blindly restoring a package.

I've sent an email on AUR requests ML one or two weeks ago to talk
about the archive.org DMCA exception in one of them but still no reply,
maybe I've done it in the wrong way.
I was mostly here today for missing dependencies users were complaining
about in packages I maintain.
Now I know they can so easily restored it's not an issue for me to
adopt those deps too and call it a day.

Since I already bothered you here though, I'd like to also ask you:
where patches/MR for packages in core/extra need to be sent?