[aur-general] Ask for review for PKGBUILD

mpan archml-y1vf3axu at mpan.pl
Sun Jun 19 07:41:06 UTC 2022

> I am new to this mail list, hence please let me know anything if I didn't
> do properly.
>
> There is a GitHub repository (https://github.com/fancompute/ceviche) I want
> to pack it up as a python library for ez maintenance if there is any future
> update from the original authors.
>
> Last, I attach my PKGBUILD file here. Please let me know if I should paste
> the script in the mail instead.
   Welcome and thank you for the contribution!

   Unless a package produces architecture-dependent binaries, the
architecture for Python packages is “any”. A quick overview of the
repository shows that there is nothing platform-dependent there.
Therefore `arch=(any)`.

   Otherwise I see no serious issues. The package builds here in a clean
chroot.

   As for minor tweaks, I would change description to something a tiny
bit neater. Like “Electromagnetic simulation tools for solving Maxwell's
equations, with automatic differentiation”