[aur-general] TU application for sudoforge

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 13 23:46:35 UTC 2022

Yo!

During the voting of this application we experienced something we haven't seen
before. Mainly that we did not reach the participation number we need to get a
consensus on the application. This has never happened before and we suspected it
might had been because of the recent aurweb release.

After a bit of mocking around we discovered our mailserver had a queue with 2.7k
emails and a *lot* of people expecting vote reminder emails simply did not get
them. This resulted in the application being rejected because of a technical
issue.

This shouldn't happen, and the TU Bylaws doesn't account for errors like this.
That means Ben would have to reapply in 3 months time which is silly. After a
small discussion on the internal TU list we decided we'll allow a revote on this
application and pay a bit more attentio to the email queue so all the emails
people expect do get sent out.

However, due to an aurweb bug I had issues submitting the new application. This
has been fixed :)

Please go vote!

https://aur.archlinux.org/tu/136

Thanks for your patience.

I have included the results of the previous application for the sake of
transparency.

Yes	No	Abstain	Total	Voted	Participation
27	4	8	39	Yes	63.93%

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16