[aur-general] Why was xenia-git orphaned immeditately?

Sandy Carter bwrsandman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:29:54 UTC 2022

Hello,

I used to maintain xenia-git [1] and have since its creation. I am also the
author of the Linux threading, windowing, debug and other patches that the
package uses.

At *19:20:00 UTC* today, an orphan request was submitted and immediately
orphaned by user ilbuonmarcio. The user made no attempt to contact me about
the issue either by email or in the comments. If they had, I would have
responded as I usually do to issues in my packages.

I am active on AUR and have been for over 10 years now. I usually can fix a
package issue in a day to a week.

According to the arch wiki:
> Orphan requests will be granted after two weeks if the current maintainer
did not react

I was not given the time to react as it is now a few hours later.

I would like to request this orphaning be undone and steps can be taken to
avoid this happening again.

Thank you,
--
Sandy