[aur-requests] [PRQ#423] Request Rejected

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Thu Aug 7 12:40:29 EDT 2014

On Thursday 07 August 2014 09:50:29 Philip A Reimer wrote:
> My reasoning behind the request was more that it was outdated for 2 years
> and the source isn't available. It doesn't build. It only has 1 vote. And
> all the PKGBUILD does is simply extract and copy.

The package doesn't build because it is outdated for a long time, so listed
sources are no longer available, According to the repository activity [1] the
project looks active (the latest archives update was 2014-07-27).

And our rules don't forbid to create packages from source *rpm or *deb
archives (although it isn't recommended if there are alternatives).

I don't see any strong reason to remove this package from AUR now. If someone
wants to continue maintain this package and if the current maintainer will not
disown or will not update the package he may send disown request.

BTW the current maintainer receives the copies of this thread emails.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/fedora-cygwin/
--
С уважением, Е.Алексеев.
Sincerely yours, E.Alekseev.