[aur-requests] [PRQ#465] Deletion Request for numix-icon-theme-square

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Tue Aug 12 12:47:49 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 12 August 2014 04:33:35 notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> lots0logs [1] filed a deletion request for numix-icon-theme-square
> [2]:
>
> This package is not offered by Numix Project for free. Users must
> purchase a license to have access to the icons. Antergos users are
> given a free license however it does not extend to all of Arch. Please
> remove this package from the AUR ASAP. We are currently discussing how
> we can prevent situations like this in the future. Please contact me
> by email if you have any questions: dustin at falgout.us

Usually users can upload packages which doesn't provide link to sources due to
a license requirements. In these cases PKGBUILD contains some information to
get sources or it offers to register/buy/etc and to download sources using a
console browser then.

The current PKGBUILD *doesn't* provide any link to the source archive and it
just contains information how users can get it. But as it was stated above [1]
it did download the sources at the time of the request.

I don't think that the current PKGBUILD violates the license requirements. Do
you still want to remove the package from AUR?

1. https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2014-August/000976.html
--
С уважением, Е.Алексеев.
Sincerely yours, E.Alekseev.